The last day of Summer term is Friday 2nd June, and academic year 2017/18 starts with Autumn term commencing on Monday 18th September. If you’re staying around the main University campuses over the summer break you’ll need to know what services and facilities are open during the vacation.
This page gives information about many of the main campus facilities but if you need any other information please contact us at email@example.com.
Standard summer opening hours for all Advice Zones: 10am-4pm, Monday-Friday. These hours may vary at certain times due to staff training, check UniLife for updates.
There will be reduced availability of appointments in some areas. Specific adjustments are listed below:
- Disability & Dyslexia Service opening hours are unchanged through the summer. You can continue to contact them and/or make appointments in the usual ways.
- Health Service: Treforest Health Centre has reduced opening over the summer, please consult their schedule.
- Resident Tutors only cover term time. They are not available during the summer.
- The Student Money Advice Team will be offering appointments over the summer vacation, but no drop-ins. See the Student Money Contact Us / Appointments page for details.
- The Wellbeing Service will provide a reduced service through the summer. Wellbeing Service Drop-in appointments are not offered out of term time. For more information on availability, call your Advice Zone. Also see Help Out of Hours.
Library vacation opening times up until the end of July can be found here.
See Study Skills Summer 2017 for details.
For the summer opening hours of IT Customer Support please visit IT Services Opening Hours web page.
Careers & Employability Service
The Careers & Employability Service opening hours are unchanged over the summer.
Immigration & International Student Advice
The IISA opening hours can be found on their Contact us page page. The Service is expecting to be open as usual during the summer.
Opening times can be found on Accommodation Service’s Contact Us page.
Child Care Services
Childcare Services at Treforest are open normal hours.
Cash Offices and Revenue
You can find term time opening times for both cash offices here. Out of term, the Cardiff Cash Office is closed. From July 24th Treforest Cash Office is open 11am – 3pm, except on the 3rd and 24th August when it opens at 9am for pre-sessional enrolment, with usual term time opening resuming on the 4th September 2017.
Any students that need to see Revenue for any reason outside of Cash Office opening hours should contact Revenue by phone on 01443 483340 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
See the page for Summer Holiday Catering Unit Opening Hours. Details of all catering facilities are listed.
Treforest Sports Centre
Opening hours can be found on the Treforest Sports Centre page. Opening hours are slightly reduced outside term.
There may also be changes to availability of specific facilities within the centre, and a reduction in classes, please contact the centre on 01443 482681 for further details.
For details about which of the Students’ Union’s facilities services are open over the summer vacation see the SU website.
What are these?