- a Christian wanting to explore your faith further?
- not a Christian but interested in finding out more about Christianity?
This course will attempt to:
- acquaint you with the basic facts: the story of Jesus, how Christianity began, how it has grown and developed, what it looks like today
- explore the issues of belief: how Christians express and interpret their faith in different ways
The aim is not to persuade you or impose our own beliefs – it is to open up and discuss issues.
The course is in four sessions:
- What is Christianity? The history and geography; the main Christian churches and traditions; a general overview of Christianity today as a world faith.
- Jesus: his story, his teaching, and what Christians believe about him.
- The Bible: a general introduction to its history and content; the different views about its authority and how to interpret it.
- Is Christianity Unique? What is it about Christianity that makes it different from other faiths? Does it matter? How do Christians relate to people of other faiths?
The course will be held on Wednesdays March 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th from 5.30 to 7.00 pm at the Meeting House. After a brief input there will be some soup and rolls (FREE!) and discussion around the table.
Please register to come by:
If you haven’t registered you can still come, but it will be helpful for us to have an idea of numbers for catering.